SEO Log File Analyser | Screaming Frog
Short description : SEO Log File Analyser
The Screaming Frog SEO Log File Analyzer lets you download your log files, check search engine crawlers, identify crawled URLs, and analyze search crawler data and behavior for SEO insights priceless. Download for free or purchase a license to download more log events and create additional projects.
Long Description : SEO Log File Analyser
Description Screaming FrogThe analysis of log files is an important element for technical SEO referencing. Screaming Frog has a log file analysis tool, useful for understanding crawler activity on your website.
What is Screaming FrogScreaming Frog Log File Analyzer is a tool that allows you to upload your files for easier analysis. Using the tool, you can check crawlers visiting your site, identify URLs that have been crawled, and analyze the behavior of these crawlers as they pass through your site. This is valuable SEO information that can be leveraged to improve your technical SEO strategy. Source: Screaming Frog The log file analyzer, Screaming Frog, was developed by the company of the same name to help SEO players analyze log files in order to trace crawler activity on a website. . The tool exists as an application that you can download and install locally on your computer. It is compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems. The tool has a drag-and-drop feature that makes it easy to analyze log files. Source: Screaming Frog In its free version, you can analyze up to 1,000 log events in a single project. And to start more projects and analyze more log events, you will need to purchase a license.
Screaming frog SEO Log File Analyzer: What you can do with the toolOverall the Screaming Frog log file analyzer allows you to browse, save and analyze your log file data. The tool can be useful for several technical SEO tasks including:
1. Identify crawled URLsWith Screaming Frog, you can accurately identify the URLs that have been crawled on your website. Which is a way to know your web pages that have been indexed and have the chance to be ranked on search results pages.
2. Know the frequency of exploration of your websiteSource: Screaming Frog You can also track the time and frequency of exploration of your site. Track the crawlers that visit your site, the exact number of URLs they crawl per day, and all of their site activity. Valid for GoogleBot (Google’s crawler) and other search robots.
3. Identify broken links and possible indexing errorsSource: Screaming Frog The Screaming Frog file analyzer also allows you to see all the response codes on your site. You will then be able to identify broken links that refer to 404 error pages and any other errors that crawlers may have encountered when crawling your website.
4. Optimize your site’s crawl budgetBy having an idea of the URLs and directories that are most and least explored, you can adapt your strategy and optimize your crawl budget. You can then tell the crawlers to prioritize the indexing of your most important pages for efficient management of the crawl time.
5. Identify byte-intensive pages that are slowing down your site’s performanceSource: Screaming Frog Thanks to the Screaming Frog analyzer, you will also be able to know the number of bytes downloaded and the time taken. This will allow you to identify your largest web pages and any other items that may be affecting your site’s performance.
6. Identify Uncrawled and Orphaned PagesScreaming Frog also has a feature that lets you upload a list of URLs to compare against your site’s current log file data. This comparison of the two files will allow you to identify URLs or orphan pages that were not taken into account by crawlers during their crawl passage. If these are important pages, then you can fix the indexing problem and give these pages a chance to appear on search engine results pages.
7. Import data for advanced analysisSource: Screaming Frog Do you have external data that you want to compare to the current data in your log file? Screaming FRog lets you create a file with a “URL” column that you can upload directly to the app. The file can contain analysis reports, directives or external URLs that you want to compare to your log file.
8. Listen for redirects on your siteIdentify permanent and temporary redirects that crawlers may have encountered on your website that are different from the ones you have put in place.
Screaming frog SEO Log File Analyzer: How to install the tool?
- To download Screaming Frog, go to the tool’s official website.
- Click the “Download” button.
- If you want to download Screaming Frog for another operating system, click on the ” Using another operating system? » located in the pop-up that appears on the screen.
- Must be running Windows, Mac, or Linux
- Must be able to run Java 17 with at least 2 GB free RAM
- Have at least 1 GB of free storage, but it all depends on the size of your log files.
- Use ultra-fast SSD hard drives to optimize the loading speed of log files as well as the time required to read, filter and sort data. This will allow you to view your log files and generate reports much faster.
Screaming frog SEO Log File Analyzer: The types of log filesScreaming Frog offers the possibility of importing several formats of log files namely:The tool also offers the possibility of ‘import a log file or several bulk files in compressed form (zipped or gzipped). When importing a log file, you do not need to specify the format used. The tool automatically detects the file type to facilitate the import process. Then the log files will be stored on the local disk of your computer. This makes it faster to analyze files with millions of events. But logically, the larger the volume of a log file, the longer it will take to store and import the data it contains.
Screaming frog SEO Log File Analyze: PricingDownload the free version: 0 € Buy a License: 129 € per year
- The license lasts 1 year. After that, you will have to pay for a renewal.
Screaming frog SEO Log File Analyze: Free VS Paid versions
|version Paid version
|Automatic search engine crawler check
|Find broken links, errors and redirects
|Show most and least crawled URLs and sections
|Show bot crawling frequency
|Show bot IP crawling activity
|Identify large and slow URLs
|Find uncrawled and orphaned URLs
|Combine and compare data from crawl
Videos : SEO Log File Analyser
Images : SEO Log File Analyser
Company : SEO Log File Analyser
Screaming Frog Screaming Frog was created by three English developers Graeme, Jason and Dan. It is an SEO platform whose main objective is to provide metrics to improve the SEO aspect of websites. To do this, Screaming Frog provides its users with the SEO Spider Tool. Indeed, it is a powerful and flexible site crawler, capable of efficiently crawling both small and very large websites. It helps gather key data present on every site browsed, to enable SEOs to make informed decisions. This tool from the Screaming Frog platform has several other functions. Among other things, it allows:
- to find broken links;
- audit redirections;
- generate XML sitemaps
- discover broken content,