Lighthouse | Google
Short description : Lighthouse
Test and optimize your pages for a good user experience and good ranking thanks to Google Lighthouse
Long Description : Lighthouse
Description Google LighthouseGoogle Lighthouse is an open source tool developed by Google to help webmarketers check certain statistics, such as the performance, SEO and accessibility of their web pages using scores. This allows webmarketers to optimize their web pages and improve their scores based on metrics. Did you know? All it takes is for your website not to load within the first three seconds for 53% of users to leave you very quickly. The obvious solution is to increase the speed and performance of your website. Precisely, Google Lighthouse is the perfect tool that you can use for free to test the pages of your website in terms of performance, accessibility and natural referencing. Let’s discover in this short description how the Google Lighthouse tool works.
What is Google Lighthouse?Google Lighthouse is the answer to the lack of a perfect tool to help famous websites that were struggling with performance issues. This is how Google Lighthouse saw its days as an automated tool for measuring performance, accessibility, and SEO scores. It helps lots of developers around the world to improve and boost their web pages accordingly to gain authority in SERPs. Indeed, Lighthouse optimizes each segment of a page such as:
- The DOM hierarchy;
- The hierarchy of each HTML 5 tag;
- The ratio of color combinations;
- The loading time of third-party Js and Css;
- And many other things.
What does Google Lighthouse measure?Google Lighthouse gives a clear breakdown of your website’s most important metrics like:
- First Contentful Paint: Still called FCP, this metric measures the time required for the browser to render the first DOM (Document Object Model) content of the page. DOM content can be images, SVGs, etc. Lighthouse displays the FCP score in seconds;
- Speed Index: Google Lighthouse provides this score to gauge how quickly content is displayed visually when loading the page;
- Cumulative layout shift: Often abbreviated as CLS, the CLS score indicates the number of layout shifts that occur during a full page load.
- Website accessibility
- Structure of elements: Lighthouse gives you information guaranteeing that your HTML content is very well organized;
- Site contrast: Lighthouse provides you with information about your website contract to let you know if your content is readable and decipherable or not;
- Naming of Elements: When certain elements of your website, such as alt text for images, are not named appropriately and meaningfully, Lighthouse will let you know.
- Best practices
- Natural referencing
- The tool checks if the indexing of the page does not experience any impediment;
- Lighthouse lets you see if links have descriptive text;
- It flags pages without a successful HTTP status code;
- It denounces unwanted plugins that prevent proper functioning;
- It checks if the document has a <title> component;
- It also checks for the availability of a valid hreflang on the document;
- It verifies the existence of meta description tags in their reasonable length;
- Lighthouse checks if the document has a valid rel=canonical;
- It also checks whether the document uses readable font sizes;
- It also checks if there is a <meta name=”viewport”> tag with an initial width or scale.
How to install Google Lighthouse?To install Lighthouse, you have several options:
- Install the Lighthouse extension
- Chrome Developer Tools
Videos : Lighthouse
Images : Lighthouse
Company : Lighthouse
Google is an American company, founded in 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin. It specializes in the provision of technological services and has grown in Silicon Valley in California. Since 2015, Google has been a subsidiary of the Alphabet company with Sundar Pichai as CEO. The Google company created the Google search engine, which is one of the most widely used in the world. The latter is highly appreciated for its ability to offer many relevant results to the queries of its users. Apart from its search engine, the Google company has many other subsidiaries which are:
- Google Ad Mob;