CSS and JS | Hummingbird – WordPress (Plugin)
Short description : CSS and JS
Long Description : CSS and JS
Description HummingbirdLoading speed is a decisive factor in improving the user experience and the ranking of a site on search engine pages (SERP), especially on Google. Hummingbird is a plugin that has some great features that you can leverage to improve the loading speed of your WordPress site for better performance and a higher Google Page Speed score.
What is the Hummingbird plug-in?Hummingbird is a plugin developed by WPMU DEV to help WordPress users improve the loading speed of their website. The tool is a caching plugin, but also has other optimization features that you can use to improve your site’s overall performance. Among these optimization features, we can cite:
- The possibility of deferring CSS style sheets and JS scripts
- Integration of Lazy Loading
- File compression
Hummingbird: How to install the plugin?Installing Hummingbird depends on the version of the plugin you want to use:
1. Install the free version of Hummingbird from WordPressInstalling Hummingbird is quite simple like any other WordPress plugin.
- To get started, go to your WordPress dashboard
- In the menu bar on the left, click on “Plugins” then on “Add new”
- Then search for “Hummingbird” then click on the “Install now” button.
- When the download is complete, click “Activate”.
2. Install Hummingbird ProFor those who want to install the Pro version of the plugin, you have the WPMU DEV Hub platform with an all-in-one management interface. This option makes it easier to manage updates and install plugins and themes through a single workspace.
Hummingbird: The main features of the pluginHere is a list of the main tasks you can do with the Hummingbird plugin:
Configure cachingTo configure caching with Hummingbird:
- Go to your WordPress dashboard
- Click on WP-Admin » Hummingbird » Caching
- Then click on “Activate” to activate the Hummingbird caching module
Combining and Minifying FilesCombining and minifying files is one of the best practices for improving the loading speed of a website. This is also a feature available on the Hummingbird plugin. To activate it:
- Go to the “wp-admin” section then click on “Hummingbird” and “Asset Optimization”.
- Then click “Enable” to activate the minification and file combination module.
- Minify: To reduce the size of the selected file. If it is an already minified file, the Minify » icon will be greyed out.
- Online CSS: With this icon, you can move the selected CSS file and make it directly accessible online.
- Do not load file: As the name already indicates, this feature allows you to block the loading of the selected file. It can be useful in case you don’t necessarily need a certain script on your site.
Hummingbird: PricingThe plugin exists in two versions:
- Hummingbird free version
- Hummingbird Pro paid version starts at $7.5 per month with a 7-day free trial to test the tool before subscribing
Videos : CSS and JS
Images : CSS and JS
Company : CSS and JS
Contact : CSS and JS
Social Media : CSS and JS
Others Tools : CSS and JS
AuthorityLabs is a powerful online tracking tool that stands out for its fairly intuitive interface which also makes it easy to use. The platform is known for its speed and accuracy when it comes to monitoring competitors, flagging keywords, locally or internationally monitoring your site’s performance on the SERPs.