Markup Help | Google
Short description : Markup Help
This tool lets you add structured data markup to a sample web page. To get started, select a data type, then paste below the URL or HTML source code of the page you want to tag…
Long Description : Markup Help
Description Google markup toolGoogle improves its algorithms day by day in order to fully understand the content of each indexed site and offer the best possible results to users. At the same time, you can provide some additional and useful information to guide the search engine in how to interpret and present your content on the SERPs. One of the effective ways to achieve this is through schema or structured data markup. However, it must be recognized that structured data markup on your website can be quite overwhelming. To make it easier for you, Google has developed a “Markup Helper”. What is it and how do I use it? Together, let’s find out!
What is schema or structured data markup?As a reminder, schema markup is a library of codes that can be added to websites to enhance their display on SERPs (search engine results pages). It’s a way to make your website stand out on Google pages and get more clicks. Source: Vertical Rail
Google Markup Helper: Supported Data TypesAs the name suggests, the Google Markup Helper helps you mark up different types of structured data on your website. One of the advantages of the platform is the wide range of schema types you can add. Indeed, you can mark up your web pages for rich snippets in the form of:
- Software apps
- Book reviews
- Q&A pages
- TV series episodes
- businesses and services
The Google markup helper tool: Pros and consPros
- Schema markup done with the tool is not accepted only on Google. It is also compatible with the majority of major search engines.
- Offers a wide range of markup types available.
- Allows markup of different structured data formats (JSON-LD, Microdata).
- Offers the possibility to generate rich snippets for several types of data (videos, reviews, addresses…)
- Need to access the source code Code
- implementation can be difficult, especially for those without programming knowledge .
How do I use Google’s Markup Helper?
- Go to the official Google markup helper link
- The wizard first offers the options “Website” and “Email”. Click on the “Website” option:
- Then select the type of page on which you want to apply the structured data markup. This can be for example QUESTION AND ANSWER PAGES, EVENTS, PRODUCTS, MOVIES etc…
- Now enter the URL of an existing page or the raw code of an HTML page;
- Then click the “Start Tagging” button.
- Then highlight the parts of the page you want to include in the rich snippets and identify them in the drop-down list that appears.
- Then fill in the requested information. For a product for example, it will be a question of filling in the Product Name, an Image, a Description, a URL, the Brand, an Offer, an Overall Rating and an Opinion.
- Once the markup is complete, click the “Create HTML” button and then choose an output format. Google recommends the JSON-LD format, but if you wish you can choose the MICRODATA format.
- Faithfully copy the code generated by the tool or download the HTML file.
Test your structured data?Once the structured data snippet is created, it would always be a good idea to test for any issues or omissions that might prevent it from working properly before implementing it on your website. For this you need an additional tool: Google’s Rich Results Testing Tool. To use it:
- Copy and paste the code snippet in the search bar then click on the “Test URL” button.
structured data to your websiteAdding structured data to your website may differ depending on the type of site and the CMS used. On Wordpress, you can add schema markup through the code editor or directly on pages as JSON-LD or use tools such as Schema Plugin. Once the schema markup has been added, you can return to Google’s Structured Data Testing to ensure that the markup was added correctly.
Good to know about Google’s Markup Helper
- It is possible to add multiple structured data markup elements on a single page. However, the search engine recommends that the elements correspond to the same type (only RESTAURANTS for example).
- Internet users must be able to access your chosen pages for structured data markup. For example, pages hidden behind authentication windows are not accepted.
- After the structured data markup is complete, it may take several weeks for Google’s crawlers to crawl the new page. After which, it can rank in Google results as rich snippets.
Videos : Markup Help
Images : Markup Help
Company : Markup Help
Google is an American company, founded in 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin. It specializes in the provision of technological services and has grown in Silicon Valley in California. Since 2015, Google has been a subsidiary of the Alphabet company with Sundar Pichai as CEO. The Google company created the Google search engine, which is one of the most widely used in the world. The latter is highly appreciated for its ability to offer many relevant results to the queries of its users. Apart from its search engine, the Google company has many other subsidiaries which are:
- Google Ad Mob;
Contact : Markup Help
Social Media : Markup Help
Others Tools : Markup Help
Founder of the SEO agency Twaino, Alexandre Marotel is passionate about SEO and generating traffic on the internet. He is the author of numerous publications, and has a Youtube channel which aims to help entrepreneurs create their websites and be better referenced in Google.
Others SEO Tools
All SEO Tools
Sorry, no content found.